What is a Carers centre?
Carers centres are local organisations focused on meeting the needs of carers in their local community. There is a nationwide network of carers centres across the UK. Each carers centre provides core services which include:
- Information and advice about all issues affecting carers
- Signposting to other local services (eg. Crossroads Care schemes for flexible breaks)
- Emotional support
- Community consultation (a unified voice for local carers)
Carers centres may also provide additional services which will have been developed in response to local need. These can include:
- Advocacy and support to access services
- Practical help
- Training and education
- Fun and social activities
Some carers centres have funding available to support carers to access short breaks.
- Back to Supporting carers