Our events guidance reduces the time you need to spend on risk management, whilst ensuring you can provide a safe environment for members and visitors to take part in different kinds of activities. It removes your responsibility for managing emergencies such as fire and first aid incidents.
Informal meetings guidance applies to small groups of people attending a venue which is managed by a competent person, whose role is to setup the venue, manage the venue and the emergency arrangements throughout the event, where MS Society volunteers or members of staff do not provide personal care that would normally be delivered by carers.
Use this guidance when organising informal meetings. Use one copy of the guidance document to record all informal events you organise.
Insurance and emergency forms
MS Society events are covered by our central insurance, provided that agreed guidance is followed or a risk assessment is in place.
Familiarise yourself with our accident and incident recording and reporting processes before your event.
Use these checklists to help you follow our guidance for organising informal meetings.
- HSV: 111A - Attendance register for regular activities and events
- HSV: 111B - Attendance register for one-off activities and events
- HSV: 921A - Supporter information
- HSV: 921B - COVID-19 guidance sheet
These documents will give you the background to our events risk management system.
- HSV: 000V - Volunteer responsibilities
- VERA: 901 - Events risk assessment - NOT IN USE AT THIS TIME
- HSV: 926 - Using gazebo's at third party events - NOT IN USE AT THIS TIME
Contact your Local Networks Officer for support with any risk management queries, including access audits, disclosure checks, personal care or the involvement of under 16’s.
Back to events guidance