Our events guidance reduces the time you need to spend on risk management, whilst ensuring you can provide a safe environment for members and visitors to take part in different kinds of activities. It removes your responsibility for managing emergencies such as fire and first aid incidents.
Meetings in a member’s home guidance applies to small groups of people attending socials or get togethers in a private home, where MS Society volunteers or members of staff do not provide personal care that would normally be delivered by carers.
Use this guidance when organising meetings in a member’s home.
- HSV: 912 - Meetings in member's home - NOT IN USE AT THIS TIME
- HSV: 920 - Provision of food - NOT IN USE AT THIS TIME
Insurance and emergency forms
MS Society events are covered by our central insurance, provided that agreed guidance is followed or a risk assessment is in place.
Familiarise yourself with our accident and incident recording and reporting processes before your meeting.
Use these checklists to help you follow our guidance for organising meetings in a member’s home.
- HSV: 111A - Attendance register for regular activities and events
- HSV: 111B - Attendance register for one-off activities and events
- HSV: 921A - Supporter information
- HSV: 921B - COVID-19 guidance sheet
These documents will give you the background to our events risk management system.
- HSV: 000V - Volunteer responsibilities)
- VERA: 901 - Events risk assessment - NOT IN USE AT THIS TIME
Contact your Local Networks Officer for support with any risk management queries, including access audits, disclosure checks, personal care or the involvement of under 16’s.
Back to events guidance