Our events risk management system ensures that you can provide a safe environment for members and visitors to take part in different kinds of activities. Indoor and outdoor events can include collections that don't take place in pre-agreed locations, events that include low level physical activity, and events with stalls and other activities.
These documents will give you the background to our events risk management system.
Specific risk assessments
Complete the relevant risk assessment for each indoor or outdoor event you organise.
- VERA: 907A - Stalls and activities
- VERA: 910A - Group indoor events in a controlled venue
- VERA: 912A - Events with low level physical activity
- VERA: 940A - Collections not covered by HSV: 925
Emergency forms and information
Ensure you have copies of insurance documents and familiarise yourself with our accident and incident recording and reporting processes.
- Public and Employers liability insurance
- Summary of insurance cover
- HSV: 122 - Accident report form
- HSV: 123 - Incident report form
Each risk assessment includes checklists - you can download them here.
- HSV: 111A - Attendance register for regular activities and events
- HSV: 111B - Attendance register for one-off activities and events
- HSV: 126 - Using a gazebo
- HSV: 741 - Fitness disclaimer form
- HSV: 742 - PARQ (physical activity readiness questionnaire) form
- HSV: 921A - Supporter information
- HSV: 125A - Appointed person responsibilities
- HSV: 125B - First aid at events - frequently asked questions
- VERA: 902A - Issues arising with assistance dogs
- HSP: 311EV - Inclusion of assistance dog partners
- HSV: 147 - Safe use of stepladders poster
- HSV: 920 - Provision of food
- HSV: 924 - Throwing powder paint
- HSV: 925 - Collections in pre-agreed premises
Contact your Local Networks Officer in the first instance.
Back to events risk assessments