Our Lead/Support Volunteers help us ensure everyone affected by MS has access to quality information, emotional support and financial help, wherever they are in the UK.
MS Support induction
We’re running a series of online induction sessions where new Lead/Support Volunteers can gain an understanding of MS Support, find out what makes a good Lead/Support Volunteer, and learn about the do’s and don’ts of the role.
By joining an online session, you’ll get the chance to:
- Start to build networks with other Lead/Support Volunteers
- Use real life examples of how to offer support to people affected by MS
- Learn how you can access ongoing support in your role
- Gain an overview of the staff, policies and resources that will help you settle in to your role
How does an online session work?
We’ve had fantastic feedback from volunteers who joined our previous online sessions. Everyone enjoyed connecting with people they wouldn’t usually meet and loved being able to join in without having to go out!
When you log in to an online session, you can see and interact with the other participants on your screen. Everyone gets the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and even take part in smaller discussion groups.
The sessions are set for 5 hours, however we work through the session in 45 minute intervals when we break for reflection and come back to feed into the group.
You can join an online session by smartphone, laptop, or desktop computer. You can choose to use your device’s camera or to just be a voice in the discussion. You can also phone into the meeting whilst seeing any presentations or other participants on screen.
We use software called Zoom to run our online sessions. You may need to download the Zoom app to your device before you join a session.
- Learn how to join a Zoom session
- If you would like to test that your link works on the day, your session leader will be available on the link from 9:30am to run a check with you.
Sign up now
When you’ve booked your place, you’ll receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite that includes the Zoom link you’ll need to join the session. Check your junk or spam folder if it doesn’t arrive.
Contact Deborah Redman (Programme Lead – MS Support) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8438 0679.
Back to Supporting people