Our fitness risk management system ensures that you can provide a safe environment for members and visitors to take part in different kinds of fitness activities. Exercise equipment means equipment (including Nintendo Wii) owned by your group and used in organised sessions.
These documents will give you the background to our fitness risk management system.
- HSV: 000 - Volunteer responsibilities
- VFRA: 701 - Fitness risk assessment (general)
- HSP: 103V - Fitness risk management policy procedure
- HSV: 750 - Fitness risk assessment guidance
- HSV: 752 - Fitness documentation checklist
- HSV: 003F - Fitness risk management audit form
- HSP: 2031V - Non implementation of volunteer risk management
Specific risk assessment
Complete this risk assessment for each piece of exercise equipment you make available.
Emergency forms and information
Ensure you have copies of insurance documents and familiarise yourself with our accident and incident recording and reporting processes.
- Employer's liability insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Summary of insurance cover
- HSV: 122 - Accident report form
- HSV: 123 - Incident report form
The risk assessment includes checklists - you can download them here.
- HSV: 111A - Attendance register for activities and events
- HSV: 741 - Fitness disclaimer form
- HSV: 742 - PARQ (physical activity readiness questionnaire) form
- HSV: 743 - Physiotherapist document
- HSV: 744 - Instructor document
- HSV: 745 - Complementary therapist document
- HSV: 746 - Organisations document
Contact your Local Networks Officer in the first instance.
Back to Fitness risk management