Your welcome and induction checklist
Our welcome and induction checklist gives you pointers for settling into your role and finding out about our work, the policies and resources in place to support you.
Download our Fundraising Volunteer welcome and induction checklist - Local Groups as a PDF.
Download our Fundraising Volunteer welcome and induction checklist - Fundraising Groups as a PDF.
If you’re recruiting volunteers, please bring a printed copy of this checklist to your initial meeting.
You can request a printed copy of this checklist from our Services and Support Administration Team
Here's a quick view of the resources listed in the checklist:
- Fundraising Volunteer role description
- Our welcome video and welcome booklet
- Our What is MS video and information
- Our Strategy video
- Representing the MS Society
- Our policies and documents
- Our Expenses policy
- Our expenses claim form
My mandatory learning
- Fundraising standards
- Health and safety basics
- Our Events risk management system
- Our Data protection policy
- Handling data
- Our Equal opportunities and inclusion policy
- Our Diversity position statement
- Lone volunteering
- Our Whistleblowing policy
Learn as you go
Sources of support
Your Group Coordinator/Fundraising Group Coordinator leads the team and is here to support you. If they aren't able to help, please get in touch with your staff contact.
If you're in a local group, your Local Networks Officer (LNO) is your staff contact.
- Get contact details for your LNO
If you're in a local fundraising group, please get in touch with your local fundraising staff contact.
- Get contact details for your local fundraising staff contact
Our Supporter Care Team can signpost you to the staff in other departments.
A list of staff contacts who may support you is also available.
For volunteers in local groups, our Group Handbook offers guidance on the practices and procedure groups should follow.