Welcome and thank you. We hope you enjoy volunteering with us.
Your welcome and induction checklist
Our welcome and induction checklist gives you pointers for settling into your role and finding out about our work, the policies and resources in place to support you.
Download our Information Events Volunteer welcome and induction checklist - Local Groups as a PDF
If you’re recruiting volunteers, please bring a printed copy of this checklist to your initial meeting.
You can request a printed copy of this checklist from our Services and Support Administration Team.
Here's a quick view of the resources listed in the checklist:
- Information Events Volunteer role description
- Our welcome video and welcome booklet
- Our What is MS video and information
- Our Strategy video
- Representing the MS Society
- Our policies and documents
- Our Expenses policy
- Our expenses claim form
My mandatory learning
- Our Data protection policy
- Handling data
- Health and Safety basics
- Our Risk management system
- Our Equal opportunities and inclusion policy
- Our Diversity position statement
- Personal care
Induction to my role and responsibilities
Sources of support
If you’re supporting a National event, the Conferences Team is here to support you, answer questions about what you’ll be doing, your learning and where you can get more information.
- Get contact details for the Conferences Team
If you're supporting a local event organised by your local group, your Group Coordinator leads the team and is here to support you. If your Group Coordinator isn’t able to help,your Local Networks Officer (LNO) is your staff contact.
- Get contact details for your LNO
Our Supporter Care Team can signpost you to the staff in other departments.
A list of staff contacts who may support you is also available.
If you're part of a local group, our Group Handbook offers guidance on the practices and procedure groups should follow.