Our property risk management system ensures that you can provide a safe and legal environment for members and visitors at MS Society properties. Shop risk assessments must be completed by an appropriate person (known as the 'Shop Contact') if your group operates a shop that is owned by the MS Society, or where the lease or rental agreement indicates you have upkeep and maintenance responsibilities.
Re-opening MS Society property during COVID
In order for a shop to open during the COVID pandemic, the following COVID specific risk assessment and supporting documents must be completed and signed off as COVID safe by the MS Society health and safety team.
- Shop COVID-19 HS RA - Oct 2020
- Outbreak response plan - Aug 2020
- FA needs assessment - shop - July 2020
- Staying COVID-19 secure in 2020 - poster
- WHO effective handwashing - June 2020
- HSV: 921B - COVID-19 guidance sheet
The measures set out below must be met in the usual way.
These documents will give you the background to our property risk management system.
Specific risk assessments
Complete all five risk assessments for your shop.
- VPRA: 101A - General safety
- VPRA: 102A - Fire safety
- VPRA: 103A - Hazardous substances
- VPRA: 104A - Moving around
- VPRA: 105A - Manual handling
Emergency forms and information
Ensure you have copies of insurance documents and familiarise yourself with our accident and incident recording and reporting processes, and emergency notices.
- Public and Employers liability insurance
- Summary of insurance cover
- HSV: 122 - Accident report form
- HSV: 123 - Incident report form
- HSV: 124 - Emergency aid notice
- HSV: 125 - Fire and emergency safety plan
- HSV: 126 - Fire evacuation drill record
- HSV: 127 - Personal emergency evacuation plan questionnaire
- HSV: 127A - Personal emergency evacuation plan
- HSV: 128 - Personal emergency evacuation plan summary sheet
The risk assessment includes checklists - you can download them here.
- HSV: 111 - Property personnel register
- HSV: 112 - Safety checklist
- HSV: 113 - Property defect report form
- HSV: 114 - Competent person checks
- HSV: 116 - Portable appliances to be sold by groups
- HSV: 117 - Ladders - detailed visual inspection
- HSV: 118 - Building condition form
- HSV: 132 - Property induction form
- HSV: 132B - Property induction form - vulnerable adult
- HSV: 132C - Property induction form - expectant mother
- HSV: 132D - Property induction form - contractor
- HSV: 132WB - Property induction workbook
- HSV: 141 - Manual handling risk assessment
- HSV: 150 - Disclaimer for selling products
- HSV: 142 - Workstation information
- HSV: 145 - Safe sorting guide poster
- HSV: 146 - Safe lifting and carrying poster
- HSV: 147 - Safe use of stepladders poster
- HSV: 148 - Your safety matters poster
Contact your Local Networks Officer in the first instance.
Back to Property risk management