Welcome and thank you. We hope you enjoy volunteering with us.
Your welcome and induction checklist
Our welcome and induction checklist gives you pointers for settling into your role and finding out about our work, the policies and resources in place to support you.
Download our Transport Volunteer welcome and induction checklist as a PDF
If you’re recruiting volunteers, please bring a printed copy of this checklist to your initial meeting.
You can request a printed copy of this checklist from our Services and Support Administration Team
Here's a quick view of the resources listed in the checklist:
- Transport Volunteer role description
- Our welcome video and welcome booklet
- Our What is MS video and information
- Our Strategy video
- Representing the MS Society
- Our policies and documents
- Our expenses policy
- Our expenses claim form
My mandatory learning
- Health and safety basics
- Our transport risk management system
- Our Data protection policy
- Handling data
- Personal care
- Our Equal opportunities and inclusion policy
- Our Diversity position statement
Learn as you go
Sources of support
Your Group Coordinator leads the team and is here to support you.
If your Group Coordinator isn’t able to help, your Local Networks Officer (LNO) is your staff contact and is here to support you, answer questions about what you’ll be doing, your learning and where you can get more information.
- Get contact details for your LNO
Our Supporter Care Team can signpost you to the staff in other departments.
A list of staff contacts who may support you is also available.
Our Group Handbook offers guidance on the practices and procedure groups should follow.