We provide vehicle-specific induction and regular refresher training to all volunteers who provide transport, to give an overall view of how the vehicle your group runs should be operated safely.
Completing health and safety induction and refresher training specific to your vehicle helps to:
- Make sure you know how to work safely and without risks to health
- Develop a positive health and safety culture, where safe and healthy working becomes second nature to everyone
- Meet your legal duty as an MS Society volunteer to protect the health and safety of passengers, other volunteers, members, employees and anyone else who may be affected by our activities
When we talk about ‘volunteers who provide transport’, we mean:
Whenever a volunteer who provides transport joins your team, your Group Coordinator or Health and Safety Volunteer (if you have one), is responsible for ensuring they complete a vehicle-specific transport induction before they get started.
We’ve updated our vehicle specific induction form based on feedback from groups.
- Download HSV: 032 - Transport induction form
- Find out more about Welcome, induction and training for volunteers who are new to a role
We also need all volunteers who provide transport to complete refresher training every three years (recommended by the Health and Safety Executive) to make sure that any changes to the vehicles, group or individual are taken into account.
Your Local Networks Officer is here to support your group to provide safe, effective services and activities.
- Get contact details for your Local Networks Officer
Back to Our risk management system