In the volunteer survey last year, you told us that you want help with recruiting and keeping volunteers. We’ve listened to what you said, and in June, Danielle and Phoebe from our Volunteering Team will be running a series of online training sessions, where you can:
- hear our top tips for writing great recruitment ads
- learn how we use role descriptions to help shape someone’s involvement
- discuss the best ways to help someone settle in
- find out more about the tools, resources and support available to make your recruitment plans a success
How does online training work?
Online training lets you connect with other volunteers throughout our local networks without leaving home.
When you log in to an online training session, you can see and interact with the other participants on your screen. Everyone gets the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and even take part in smaller discussion groups.
Our online training is open to anyone who volunteers with a Coordinating Team, or is thinking about joining one.
You can join online training by smartphone, laptop, or desktop computer. You can choose to use your device’s camera or to just be a voice in the discussion. You can also phone into the meeting whilst seeing any presentations or other participants on screen.
We use software called Zoom to run our online training.
Signing up to an online training session
We’re running this online training four times in June, with morning, afternoon and evening options - we hope you’ll find a time that suits you and join us.
Click on the links below to book your place:
- Tuesday 19 June – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 19 June – 15.00pm
- Thursday 21 June – 10.30am
- Thursday 21 June – 19.00pm
Find out more
If you have any questions about taking part, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Volunteering with us