You support people affected by MS, but who supports you?
We do - with a range of ongoing support, including:
- Practical support to organise your service
- Peer support to develop your network of contacts
- Emotional support to manage the effects of helping others
- Signposting support to access specialist advice
- Regular updates to keep your knowledge current
- A range of resources to make offering MS Support easier
Your Local Networks Officer (LNO) works with groups to develop quality services and activities for people affected by MS. We want you to involve your LNO in planning your MS Support service, reviewing your progress, and dealing with any concerns.
- Get contact details for your Local Networks Officer
Our Support and Wellbeing Team helps you to maintain a network of contacts through quarterly group telephone sessions with other Lead Support Volunteers and Support Volunteers from nearby groups.
You can also email the Support and Wellbeing Team to request one to one telephone support with a difficult or distressing situation.
- Find out more about our Support and Wellbeing Team
- Book a place on your area’s next Support and Wellbeing session
MS Support forums
We organise dedicated MS Support forums throughout the UK for Lead Support Volunteers and Support Volunteers to come together, share ideas and support each other.
We also use forums to share updates and consult you on MS Support matters to inform our future work.
- Book your place at our next round of MS Support forums
Our MS Helpline offers emotional support and information to anyone affected by MS in the UK.
The MS Helpline maintains a list of external specialist organisations we signpost to, locally, nationally and throughout the UK. Your group can ask them for help with individual enquiries, and share the MS Helpline contact details with anyone you think could benefit.
Our MS Helpline is also available to all volunteers for emotional support to manage the effects of helping others on your own wellbeing.
Tel: 0808 800 8000
MS Support Update includes the latest news, information and resources to help your group to offer a quality MS Support service.
We email MS Support Update to all Lead Support Volunteers and Support Volunteers who have provided a personal email address, and we also send it to your group firstname.lastname@example.org email address so you can share it wider.
Click on any link to be taken to the resource.
- Group Handbook D1: Offering MS Support
- Key publications list
- Local contacts template
- MS Helpline signposting list
- MS Support monthly enquiry tally sheet
Our Supporter Care Team is available to help you access resources or send you printed copies.
- Get contact details for our Supporter Care Team
Back to Offering MS Support