When you promote your MS Support service widely, more people affected by MS will know we are here for them. And keeping us informed about how you’re doing helps us all to learn from our successes and challenges.
We want you to share information about your service in a number of ways.
- Promoting your MS Support service
- Informing our work
- Telling us about your MS Support service
- Need support?
The success of your MS Support service will depend on how well you promote it on an ongoing basis. It’s helpful to think about how, what, when, where and how you will tell people about it.
People with MS, their families and carers, MS nurses and other professionals.
- See our tips on Communicating with our members
What’s on offer, how to access it, contact details, case studies of people who have used the service.
- Find out more about Being available to all
A regular drip-feed of information helps ensure people know about the service when they need it.
Newsletters, web pages, information events and meetings, local media, social media, MS info points, MS therapy centres, GP surgeries, libraries and community centres.
Dedicated phone number and email address, articles, advertisements, presentations, press releases, posters, flyers and leaflet.
Keeping us informed of your activities is a requirement for all MS Society groups.
We expect your Coordinating Team to do this in two ways:
- Have regular contact with your Local Networks Officer.
- If your group handles money and delivers services and activities, use the Portal to maintain a record of what you provide.
- Find out more about Using the Portal
Keeping us informed about your MS Support service is another way to help us understand our impact on the lives of people affected by MS.
- How many queries you take in a month
- How many hours you spend delivering MS Support in a month
- How many new contacts you make in a month
- What the three key queries have been in the month
Each month, we will send a link to a short online survey to all Lead/Support Volunteers to ask for your group’s totals. We will never ask you to share personal information about the people you support.
- Download our MS Support monthly enquiry tally sheet
- Contact the Supporter Care Team to request a printed copy
You support people affected by MS, but who supports you?
We do - with practical, emotional and peer support options, access to our specialist signposting database, regular knowledge updates and key MS Support resources.
- Find out how we Support your team
Back to Your MS Support service