Our legal identity includes our legal status, charitable objects and delegation of authority.
Our identity in the eyes of the law
Your official documents must display our legal status like this:
Multiple Sclerosis Society. Registered charity numbers 1139257/ SC041990. Registered as a limited company in England and Wales 07451571.
Our charitable objects
Our charitable objects (long term aims) are:
- To support and relieve people affected by MS.
- To encourage people affected by MS to attain their full potential by improving their conditions of life.
- To promote research into MS and allied conditions and publish the results.
Under charity law, all of our activities must reflect these objects, which is why we can’t provide services to people who aren’t affected by MS.
Delegation of authority
The Board of Trustees delegates authority via the Chief Executive to our voluntary MS Society groups. This gives your group the right to use the following assets:
- The name Multiple Sclerosis Society, more commonly known as the MS Society
- Our official branding
- Our charity registration numbers and company limited by guarantee number
- Our fundraising merchandise and printed materials
Contact our Governance Team if you have questions about our legal identity or charitable objects.
- Get contact details for our Governance Team