You are here

National fundraising opportunities

Each year, we organise a number of national fundraising opportunities, including Cake Break (our flagship event) and various sponsored activities. Supporters can choose to raise funds for your MS Society group, or to support our national work.

Cake Break

Cake Break is our annual fundraising event where people get together with family, friends and colleagues to raise money through baking and eating cake!

Your group may take part by holding Cake Break events, or by encouraging others to do so. You can ask for the funds they raise to be earmarked for your group.

  1. Find out more about earmarking funds

Cake Break fundraising packs

If your group would like to take part, you can request a free fundraising pack from the Cake Break Team or register online on the Cake Break website.

You’ll find lots of recipes, ideas and tips for making your Cake Break special.

Cake Break group resources

We've also created a set of resources for MS Society groups, including press release templates, a letter template and a poster.

  1. Download Cake Break resources

Any questions?

If you have any questions about Cake Break, contact the Cake Break Team.

Cake Break Team
Phone: 0845 481 1577
Email: [email protected]

Sponsored events

From treks to triathlons, there are many ways people can fundraise for your MS Society group through sponsored events. You could get a team of energetic supporters to swim or cycle, or encourage any thrill-seekers you know to try parachuting or bungee jumping.

  1. Running
  2. Cycling
  3. Abseiling
  4. Bungee jumping
  5. Parachuting
  6. Swimming
  7. Walking and trekking
  8. Triathlons

Once a person or group has agreed to fundraise for you, you should send them the documents below and ask them which items from our online shop they’ll need.

  1. Letter for new fundraisers
  2. Fundraising factsheet
  3. MS Society sponsorship form

Give As You Live

Raise funds for your group through online shopping via

Give as you Live (GAYL) is an award-winning fundraising platform that works with over 4,100+ leading online retailers turning a percentage of every purchase into a free donation for charity.

Each time your supporters shop online at specified retailers, a donation will be raised for your group. There are hundreds of leading retailers including M&S, Amazon, John Lewis and House of Fraser for your supporters to shop at online. There is no limit to what you can raise - just by shopping online for new clothes, holidays, gifts or even insurance via GAYL means that funds will be raised for your group.

The same goods and services arrive at the same price but the shopper is helping stop MS.

The system even offers a pop up reminder in a shop’s website browser bar if the user can make purchases through GAYL. Very handy!

How does GAYL work for us?

GAYL will provide a bespoke website join page to share with your supporters. This is specific to your group and will ensure that when your supporters sign up they will automatically support you. GAYL also provides free branded marketing material, available via our Online Shop.

  1. See our Give As You Live guidance
  2. Use our Give As You Live checklist

Note: For tax reasons 10% of all income raised through GAYL must go to the MS Society’s trading company with the remaining 90% going to groups. Please contact your Area Fundraiser to find out more.

Any questions?

If you have questions about our national fundraising opportunities, contact the member of staff who supports you.

  1. Go to Fundraising support

Back to Ways to fundraise