There are lots of different ways to raise funds for your MS Society group, or for our national work that supports people with MS.
To help decide the best type of fundraising for your group, you should get together and discuss the following:
- How much time do you have?
- What resources do you have?
- How many volunteers do you have and what skills have they got?
- What are you and your volunteers’ interests?
You can use our fundraising self-assessment tool to assess your group’s strengths and weaknesses, and read advice on developing the knowledge and resources you have.
Your fundraising plan
Once you have a shared understanding of your skills, interests and resources, you can put together a fundraising plan. This will give you a clear idea of:
- How much money you currently raise and how you raise it
- How much you need to raise to deliver the services you want
- The activities that will help you meet your fundraising target
Taking the time to plan your programme of fundraising activities will help you achieve your fundraising goals while making them interesting and enjoyable for those involved.
Publicising your fundraising
When you have agreed on the fundraising activities you will run, you need to think about how you will publicise them. The success of your fundraising will depend on how well you promote it on an ongoing basis.
If you have questions about fundraising planning, contact the member of staff who supports you.