Click here to log in to Online Accounting
- What is Online Accounting?
- Why use Online Accounting?
- How does Online Accounting work?
- Who can use Online Accounting?
- Getting started
- Need support?
Online Accounting is our simple to understand web-based accounting system to enable your group to keep your accounting records online instead of using a cash book or an accounting package.
As an organisation, we have a legal responsibility to keep accounting records that prove our funds are administered only in accordance with our strategic objectives, aims and policies. This responsibility extends to all areas of MS Society work, including our local groups.
If your group handles money, you must use Online Accounting to report on your financial transactions. Your group will need to carry out year-end reporting using Online Accounting, so we recommend that you start using the system immediately to avoid duplication.
Your MS Society group bank statement is automatically uploaded to Online Accounting each week and your Finance Volunteer simply allocates each line to one of the receipt or payment categories available in the drop down list.
Because it's a web based system, you can access Online Accounting via the internet anywhere and at any time, viewing and editing transactions on the go.
That's it - no annual finance pro forma to complete, no quarterly VAT returns to submit, no manual reports to produce. Online Accounting does it all for you.
Your Finance Volunteer is responsible for maintaining Online Accounting, but if they are unavailable, you can request this access for an alternative volunteer to enable them to analyse your group transactions. Other members of your Coordinating Team have 'viewing access' to use Online Accounting reports.
- Learn about your Coordinating Team’s responsibilities
Your Coordinating Team can use Online Accounting to produce the following reports for team meetings or planning purposes:
- a receipts and payments account
- an analysis by event of income and expenditure
- an analysis by fund of income and expenditure
- a Gift Aid report
- a list of all transactions
- a list of transactions by event
Online Accounting security
Don’t forget to change your Online Accounting password every six months.
When a volunteer leaves
- Learn what to do When a volunteer leaves
If your group has not yet switched to Online Accounting, contact our Finance Support Team to request your log in details.
To use Online Accounting, you will need the following:
- A computer with internet access
- Your group’s Online Accounting log in details
Online Accounting has been designed to be simple to use.
- Watch our step by step tutorial
Finance Support Team
Online Accounting is fully supported by our Finance Support Team. We are on hand via phone and email to support you to use Online Accounting, including:
- Resetting your password
- Correcting closed statement transactions
- Advice on income and expenditure coding
- Using Online Accounting reports
We can see exactly what you can see on Online Accounting so we’re able to assist you quickly.
- Get contact details for our Finance Support Team
Back to Online tools