Saying thank you to the people who raise money for us, and for every donation we get, is one of the most important parts of fundraising. Fundraisers and donors who feel appreciated will tell their friends about us. It's also a great opportunity to let them know about other areas of our work they might support.
You can thank people by email, letter or phone. Recording the details of each fundraising activity and donation will help you thank your supporters properly - and help you plan your fundraising for next year.
- See our guidance on using MS Society email
- Use our example thank you letter
- Download an MS Society letterhead template
- Find out more about putting together a fundraising plan
Keeping in touch
It's important to follow up fundraising activities and donations and stay in contact, as existing supporters are more likely to give again. Send out updates on your group’s activities by letter, newsletter or even by phone if you know a supporter well.
Show your donors the difference they make
Showing people the difference their donation makes encourages donations and helps existing donors feel good about their contribution. Case studies and testimonials from people who use your services are an excellent way to do this - but don’t forget to ask their permission.
- Use our ‘Which means that’ exercise to show donors the impact of your MS Society group
- Download a personal information consent form
If you have questions about thanking your supporters or using personal information, contact the member of staff who supports you.